WELCOME TO THE WPPDC
The West Piedmont Planning District Commission (WPPDC) is a regional planning organization serving the counties of Franklin, Henry, Patrick, and Pittsylvania; the cities of Danville and Martinsville; and the Town of Rocky Mount. Formed in 1970, the WPPDC is one of twenty-one state designated planning districts in the Commonwealth of Virginia charged with developing collaborative regional approaches to issues of greater than local impact including, but not limited to, economic development, transportation, and legislative priorities.
The WPPDC seeks to carry out its mission by facilitating regional thinking and dialogue among the district’s local governments, K-12 and higher educational institutions, economic development organizations, workforce development, and other key stakeholders. In other states, organizations like PDC’s are known as regional councils, regional commissions, and councils of government.
Public Announcements, Notices, and Events of Interest
- Danville Public Meeting - Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 5:00-6:30 pm, Danville Regional Airport
- Pittsylvania County Public Meeting - Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 5:00-6:30 pm, Pittsylvania County Administration Building
- Martinsville/Henry County Public Meeting - Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 5:00-6:30 pm, West Piedmont Planning District Commission Office
- Stuart/Patrick County Public Meeting - Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 5:00-6:30 pm, Patrick Henry Community College Patrick County Campus
- Franklin County/Rocky Mount Public Meeting - Thursday, November 2, 2017, 5:00-6:30 pm, Franklin County Government Center
If you cannot attend and would like to provide input, please use this link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BYRN9F5) to take a brief survey.
Floodplain Management Workshop - Thursday, November 16, 2017, from 9 am to 5 pm at the Virginia Museum of Natural History, 21 Starling Avenue, Martinsville, VA
Dan River Region Collaborative Living Wage Report (DRRC - March 2017)
Regional Summit Presentations (Converted to PDF files)